JOB TITLE: Database Administrator
The position is responsible for:
- The effective and efficient functioning of all Chemwatch regulatory and material databases to ensure accurate and speedy responses to user initiated interrogations.
- The employment of best practice to ensure the integrity of all databases
- Ensuring that both company and customer proprietary intellectual property is protected and secured against unauthorised use.
- Performing adequate backup and disaster recovery systems
- Maintaining up-to-date documentation of all related systems, processes and procedures, ensuring compliance with ISO:9001:2015 standards.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain best practice database systems responsive to management and/or customer requirements. Ensure data quality and integrity in databases.
- Define, and control adherence to, database policies and standards
- Develop and maintain database tables, dictionaries, naming conventions etc.
- Monitor performance, identify issues/bugs, provide appropriate corrective measures.
- Create complex functions, scripts, procedures to support application development.
- Troubleshoot database related issues in a timely fashion, collaborating as necessary with stakeholders
- Review and optimize existing database systems, computer sites, networks for performance efficiency. Monitor and record performance on an ongoing basis.
- Participate with internal and external stakeholders in database design and architecture to support application development projects.
- Prepare design specifications and functional documentation for assigned database projects.
- Perform space management and capacity planning for curreb=nt and future database requirements.
- Provide support in real time to customers, developers, management and other Chemwatch teams, as required.
- Develop security procedures to protect databases from unauthorized usage, hacking, intrusions, and/or other disruptive attacks.
- Perform data back-up and archival on regular basis in both testing and live environments. Ensure adequate disaster recovery and data reversion procedures are in place
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of all related systems, processes and procedures, ensuring compliance with ISO:9001:2015 standards.
- Research and evaluate new and developing technologies which may enhance service delivery, performance efficiency, security, customer useability etc.
- Other duties as may be directed from time to time.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent with Applied Mathematics or Computer Science speciality.
- Experience with SQL, Oracle, server and PC platforms, MS Office,
- Knowledge of existing Chemwatch databases and software interfaces.